Thursday, January 19, 2012

Minnesota Weather: Wacky Seasons

I know this post isn't exactly about tech. comm., but I just wanted to give attention to the awfully strange weather round my hometown in Minnesota. Last week we had highs of fifty degrees, and for most of December we had nothing but somewhat chilly air and snow-less ground. For someone who has grown up here, this is incredibly strange, a first. Never has there been a completely green Christmas in all my life living here, let alone an entire December. Now that January has rolled around, it looks much more normal, but we have at least a foot of snow in my backyard you can't walk in except with boots. It's just thrown me off completely. Is this an indication of a polarized winter season, with unseasonably warm days until the new year and then unseasonably cold days right after?

No comments:

Post a Comment